Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HOMEMADE DEER AND RABBIT REPELLANT RECIPE


This is a recipe from Colorado State Extension Office.The commercial brand of Deer Repellant is quite expensive, I thought you may benefit from this tried and true recipe from them. It is quite weather resistant and needs to be sprayed again in 30 to 60 days.

They state 20 percent of whole eggs and 80 percent water is most effective against are hungry friends. But to prevent the spray from clogging the white membrane attached to the yolk must be removed. Or you can cheat like me and use a product such as eggbeaters to skip this messy step.
As a spreader sticker I always add after filling the sprayer with a very small squirt of dish soap.

Other home made remedies have included human hair and Irish spring soap hung in used onion and potatoes mesh bags. But remember if the animals are hungry enough they may eat anything..... I wish I can say that for my boys in the family.

No comments: