Friday, October 9, 2009

Where has basil pesto been all my life?

Believe it or not after all the years of growing basil, I have never tasted pesto. I had planted about two 50 foot rows of basil plants and was planning to make basil vinegar for sale...... but since sale have been down, I decided not to waste anymore vinegar until I sell one bottle.

So with about two bushel of herb I decided to make a small batch. I think I always shied away from it since the large amount of oil and nuts.

I cut this out of the local Chronicle Telegram based in Elyria Ohio. It seemed not to use much oil and nuts.

2 solid cups basil leaves
2 clove garlic (I use 3 since I love garlic).
1/4 cup toasted walnuts
salt and pepper to taste
Whirl in food processor then add
about 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Enjoy!!!
Thank you for supporting an
AMERICAN FAMILY FARM!

No comments: